Eaton's pintail (Anas eatoni eatoni)The Eaton's pintail (Anas eatoni eatoni) is a dabbling duck from the family of water birds that includes ducks, geese, and swans (Anatidae).
- Dutch name:
- Eaton's pijlstaart
- English name:
- Eaton's pintail
- German name:
- French name:
- Canard d'Eaton
- Scientific name:
- Anas eatoni eatoni
Small, short-necked pintail. Resembles female Northern Pintail A. acuta, but darker overall tone, more reddish-brown, and scalloping on flanks smaller and less obvious.
Has elongated central tail feathers and green speculum bordered with white. Minority of males (1%) assume brighter breeding plumage with trace of chocolate-brown on head and whitish stripe up side of neck.
Has brown speculum bordered with white. Subspecies similar but drygalskii slightly paler, more buff on breast, and some birds show fine vermiculations on lower hindneck and flanks.
- Lengte man:
- The male (drake) of the Eaton's pintail measures approximately 35-40 centimeters. The female measures approximately 35-40 centimeters.
- Weight male:
- The male will weight about 400-500 gram. The female will weight about 400-500 gram.
The weight is notoriously variable and can only be used as indication!
- Nest placement and structure:
The nests are at some distance from each other and are built in grass and low soil vegetation. Also used are rock bands near waters. The nesting well is laid out with moss and down.
- The female Eaton's pintail usually lays from 5 pale olive green eggs and incubates them for 26-28 days.
- Bird banding:
- Recommended leg band size for the Eaton's pintail is 9 mm.The leg band can only be applied on a young dabbling duck at around 11-12 days old.
- It doesn't matter what leg that you band, but it is good to have a consistent system. Suggested: Left leg = Female, Right leg = Male
Lundi Regular contains all the minerals and vitamins that are integral for the well-being for ornamental water fowl. Thus, it is alsoperfectly suitable to feed the birds during the breeding season.
Drijvend totaalvoeder dat bijzonder geschikt is voor sierwatervogels met specifieke voedingsbehoefte zoals eiwitrijk voedsel. Door het hogere proteïnepercentage is Lundi - Premium zeer geschikt als aanvullende voeding tijdens de rui en broedperiode. Gegarandeerd vrij van conserveringsmiddelen, zoogdier-eiwitten en vetten.